Cumin is surely one of the healthiest ingredients. It is extremely useful space, perfect for weight watchers as well.
This spice will help you to lose weight fast, reduce the unhealthy lipid levels in the body and burn the body fat in no time.
One teaspoon of this miracle spice would help you lose three times as much body fat!
Iranian scientists organize a study on 88 obese and overweight women. The participants were separated into two groups. The difference was that – the ones in the first group were given 3 g cumin powder per day, along with 5 g yogurt, while the ones in the second group, were given only yogurt. The women in both groups have reduced their daily intake of calories by 500 calories.
Three months later, it has been found that the woman in the group who consumed cumin have lost 1.4 kg/3 pounds. This is significantly more than the ones who didn’t consume cumin.
Women in the first group reduced the triglycerides and bad cholesterol and their good cholesterol levels were increased. Even better, these women reduced a 15% or 3 times as much body fat than the women from the second group.
Benefits of Cumin:
This spice is affluent in antioxidants and in phytosterols. Its bioavailability constraint of cholesterol in the digestive tract explains its weight-reducing properties.
Stated by many clinical trials, regular consumption of food supplemented with about 0.8 g of plant sterols or stanols has the ability to LDL cholesterol levels.
Namely, cumin`s seeds are rich in iron, which in turn supports proper function of immune system. It might also have anticancer properties.
How to Intake More Cumin?
There are many combinations that you can make with cumin:
1. You can make cumin tea. You just need to add some cumin seeds in boiling water, then let it stand for about 10 minutes. You will get a cup of warm cumin beverage abundant in health benefits.
2. You can use cumin as a spice in making hummus, soups and guacamole.
3. You should add cumin to plain rice in order to enrich its taste.
4. You can use cumin with sweet potatoes,cauliflower, squash and carrots.
5. You can also sprinkle some cumin over nuts or other healthy snacks.
If you enjoyed this article, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family as you might help someone in need! Thanks.